It’s that time again.
Hansi Flick had to make his selections for the next international break and the sextuple-winning manager had eight Bayern Munich players as part of his 23-man squad.
Flick went back to many of the same players who helped Germany get back on track in the manager’s first set of games coaching the squad. Here is the official list as released by the DFB:
We had already known that Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels (load management), Manchester City’s İlkay Gündoğan (injury), and Atalanta’s Robin Gosens (injury) were not going to be selected.
Germany will face Romania on Friday October 8th (2:45PM EST) and North Macedonia on Monday October 11th (2:45PM EST) during its next slate of games.
How our predictions fared
- Thomas Muller, Bayern Munich
- Leroy Sane, Bayern Munich
- Serge Gnabry, Bayern Munich
- Joshua Kimmich, Bayern Munich
- Leon Goretzka, Bayern Munich
- Jamal Musiala, Bayern Munich
- Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund
- Timo Werner, Chelsea
- Kai Havertz, Chelsea
- Florian Wirtz, Bayern Leverkusen
- Florian Neuhaus, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Karim Adeyemi, RB Salzburg
- Niklas Sule, Bayern Munich
- Antonio Rudiger, Chelsea
- Lukas Klostermann, RB Leipzig
Marcel Halstenberg, RB Leipzig
- Matthias Ginter, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Jonas Hofmann, Borussia Monchengladbach (included as attack on Germany’s list)
Ridle Baku, Wolfsburg
- Thilo Kehrer, Paris Saint-Germain
- Nico Schlotterbeck, SC Freiburg
- David Raum, Hoffenheim
- Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen, FC Barcelona
- Bernd Leno, Arsenal