Bayern Munich has defeated Schalke 04 4-0 in Gelsenkirchen thanks to a brace from Thomas Muller, a goal from Robert Lewandowski, and a goal from David Alaba. The score line perhaps flatters Bayern a little bit, but there was no doubting who was going to secure the three points despite Schalke having their fair share of chances to score.
Bayern has now opened up a 7 point gap over the second-placed RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga table and Schalke’s mission to claw out of the relegation zone becomes even more difficult. It’s also another warmly welcomed clean sheet for Manuel Neuer and Lewandwoski now has 23 Bundesliga goals on the season. Job done for Hansi Flick and Bayern. On to TSG Hoffenheim next weekend!
Thank you all for your continued support of Bavarian Podcast Works and be sure to leave us feedback in the comments section or on Twitter with this new, immediate post-match format that we’re trying out.
Yet again, we’re providing you the best audio content by giving you a wrap-up and recap of this most recent match:
- Schalke starting four attackers, which perhaps wasn’t the best plan
- The effect of Niklas Sule at RB vs. CB
- Kimmich being the midfield pendulum and unlocking attacking sequences and delivering pinpoint crosses a la David Beckham
- The fluid movements up front between Lewandowski, Muller, Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane creating open spaces and attacking opportunities
- ANOTHER CLEAN SHEET! MASSIVELY IMPORTANT because we haven’t had enough of these this season.
As always, thank you for the support! Be sure to rate us, like us, subscribe to us, and follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and anywhere else you get your quality audio content.
Find any of the contributors on Twitter @BavarianFBWorks, @jeffersonfenner, @TheBarrelBlog, and @TommyAdams71.
For the latest and greatest in football news, Bayern news, German news and transfer rumors, be sure to check out www.bavarianfootballworks.com!
Enjoy this episode!