Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa is not getting enough playing time to showcase himself this season. This has angered Juventus, who are reportedly worried that they won’t be able to properly sell him in the summer. Because of that, the Italian giants want to pull him back and send him Manchester United per The Sun:
Manchester United have reportedly been given the green light to sign Douglas Costa thanks to a Fifa transfer loophole. The Brazilian winger, 30, is on loan at Bayern Munich from Juventus after moving to the Bundesliga having featured in two Serie A games for the Old Lady at the start of the season.
But one potential stumbling block is his salary with the player taking home well over £100,000 a week. Clubs may find it tough to find the funds to match even half his annual wages during the coronavirus crisis.
Honestly, I hope this happens, but like I said earlier in the week, I can’t see it going down just yet. It just seems more likely that Costa returns to Italy (perhaps briefly) in the summer.
Somehow, there were a few outlets in England that thought Bayern Munich might be ready and willing to part ways with Leroy Sane after this season.
Even with his inconsistent play thus far, any thought that the Bavarians are ready to throw in the towel is utterly ridiculous — and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was there to make it known:
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has reiterated that there is no chance of the club selling Leroy Sane. Sane has appeared more often from the bench and there has been some suggestion he could be ditched after just one season at the club.
The 25-year-old has struggled to make an impact and was even subbed on and then off again in a match against Bayer Leverkusen in December. Despite his struggles in Germany, Rummenigge has quashed any talks of Sane leaving the club and insists the former City winger will be a huge success at the Allianz Arena.
“He has a five-year contract,” he said. “That would be nonsense. We need this type of player. Of course he will stay with Bayern. And I am convinced: He will be a success here.”
Borussia Dortmund extended the contract of striker prospect Steffen Tigges in a very interesting move for the club. Tigges, of course, is another quality striker prospect for BVB, joining Erling Haaland and Youssoufa Moukoko:
Most recently, Steffen Tigges appeared more and more in the professional squad of Borussia Dortmund and was even in the starting line-up in the DFB Cup game. Now the 22-year-old striker has signed a professional contract with BVB. Tigges has “made great progress in sport over the past few months and embodies a really interesting striker profile”, BVB sports director Michael Zorc was quoted as saying. The contract runs until June 30, 2024.
Tigges and Moukoko are firmly behind Haaland in the pecking order at Borussia Dortmund, but both could become extremely important should the power clubs seeking Haaland come knocking this summer or next.
While Chelsea has already been shot down for a move this summer, the Londoners join Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City, and Bayern Munich as clubs all keeping a close eye on Haaland.
Steffen Tigges has signed a professional contract with BVB until 2024! ✍️ pic.twitter.com/ETAg8Buaok— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) January 21, 2021
Manuel Neuer just tied Oliver Kahn’s shutout record for the Bundesliga and does not appear to be ready to slow down.
That is probably not good news for Alexander Nübel and this quote can’t help the young goalkeeper’s hopes for more playing time:
Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik was (very) loosely linked to Bayern Munich as a potential option to bolster the striker position. While that report was questionable at best, this news on Milik appears to be much more solid:
Arkadiusz Milik (28) is apparently looking for a new challenge in Ligue 1: According to matching media reports, the Polish SSC Napoli attacker is on his way to the medical check in Marseille today. Olympique wants to borrow the attacker with a subsequent purchase obligation (eight million euros).
Milik + #TheStepOverKing could be a winning combination at the top of the formation for Olympique Marseille. Michaël Cuisance, of course, has reportedly made a good impression with Marseille and it appears that Bayern Munich is not all that interested in bringing him back to Bavaria.