It’s time for the Champions League draw! While Bayern Munich still have to face Chelsea in the second leg of the Round of 16, our 3-0 lead means we can still sit around speculating about opponents in the later stages of the competition.
Here are the four teams who have already qualified for the quarters:
Atletico Madrid (Spain)
Paris Saint-German (France)
RB Leipzig (Germany)
In addition, the following ties have yet to be concluded. These teams will participate in the draw as well, with the winner advancing to the next round as usual:
Chelsea (England) vs Bayern Munich (Germany) [Bayern lead 3-0 on aggregate]
Napoli (Italy) vs Barcelona (Spain) [1-1 on aggregate, Barca lead by away goals]
Real Madrid (Spain) vs Manchester City (England) [City lead 2-1 on aggregate]
Olympique Lyonnais (France) vs Juventus (Italy) [Lyon lead 1-0 on aggregate]
While you’re waiting, why not check out our draw preview series? It starts here.
How it works
- There will be three draws, one to determine the quarter final matchups, a second to determine the semi final matchups, and one more to determine the ‘home’ side in the final for administrative reasons.
- There is no seeding or country protection — any team can be drawn against the other.
- The quarter-finals, semi-finals, and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August. All the ties will be single-leg fixtures. The games will be split between Benfica’s Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica (which will host the final) and Sporting CP’s Estádio José Alvalade.
7–8 August: Round of 16 second legs
12–15 August: Quarter-finals (Lisbon)
18–19 August: Semi-finals (Lisbon)
23 August: Final (Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Lisbon)
Location: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon, Switzerland
Time: Noon local time, 6:00 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.