The COVID-19 pandemic justifiably has everyone feeling rather down in the dumps, but if you look in the right places, you’ll find the right kind of positivity to lift your spirits. It should come as no surprise to Bayern Munich fans that Alphonso Davies has been going the extra mile on social media to keep our spirits high and the laughs rolling.
Richard Simmons better watch out, because there’s a new fitness king in town, and it’s Phonzie. Earlier today, Davies recorded a video for Bayern’s main YouTube account where he designed a soccer-themed Zumba workout that everyone can do indoors during the quarantine period.
Ordinarily, Zumba is comprised of dance moves in an exercise circuit where the beats per minute in the songs increase as the circuit continues. This style of exercise, introduced in the 90s, has become very popular in the last decade. Of course, Davies decided to add a football and some tekkers to the circuit to put his own twist on it.
For starters, does anyone else agree that Davies should continue to let his hair grow even after all of the global quarantines and/or lock downs are lifted? I also think it’s safe to say that Phonzie is one of, and possibly the, best dancer in the Bayern squad — really not too sure anyone could top him.
Here’s a breakdown of the workout (EVERYTHING WAS ON BEAT AND PERFECTLY TIMED):
- General Phonzie swag — he just oozes coolness
- Warm-up and stretching
- Scissor step-overs while he explains how he breaks other defenders’ ankles
- Adds a simple two-step shuffle with some arm and hand action
- Amazing shuffle into toe-touches
- Adds a Insantiy-esque Heisman-type movement to the toe touches
- Shout out to Kylian Mbappé!
- FREESTYLE (4:40-5:12). Basically this is just Phonzie being Phonzie and it’s the greatest thing ever and what we all need right now!
Davies is probably the best dancer in the Bundesliga. Prove us wrong or right in the comments section!
The full workout: