I should start off by saying one thing I forgot in my last post. Since Bayern Munich didn’t get Alvaro Odriozola until January of 2020, I won’t be using him in the squad until then.
So, with that being said, time to respond to your comments!
I know nothing about how FIFA works, but you had me at the hair. Now bench Coutinho and I’m onboard the #FightWithFenner bandwagon
Thanks Chuck, I knew you’d love the hair.
But, he brings up a good point. Philippe Coutinho, who in real life has been struggling with Bayern, is starting in this lineup. In my use with him in FIFA Ultimate Team, Coutinho has been good a lot of times. His pace and creativity is extremely helpful in tricky situations. However, seeing as we are simulating these games, I will be benching him to start in favor of Thomas Müller.
Well, the first thing you have to do is focus all of your training on Davies to get him to the 99 rating he deserves
I’m actually really mad that FIFA hasn’t updated Phonzie’s FUT card to give him a higher rating than 72 which is painful and annoying. He hasn’t even featured in a FIFA Team Of The Week this season, so that just goes to show you where EA Canada values one of their own country’s best natural resources.
But I’m absolutely doing nothing but using Phonzie in training mode to get him up to at least an 80 this season. I’ll be doing the same with Jann-Fiete Arp, though it will be seen where he will end up.
Switch to 4-2-3-1, move Mueller to CAM and Thiago and Kimmich at double pivot.
Coman and Gnabry on the wings… Loan Cuisance and Arp… Focus training on Davies for quick growth. Overall of fullbacks don’t really matter either way.
Wow...that’s a lot of suggestions so let me tackle them one by one
- Yeah, we’re switching to the Hansi-preferred 4-2-3-1. The system has a default of a 4-3-3 Holding formation, which Kovac preferred, but I’ll not be having that.
- All of your lineup suggestions are exactly what I plan to do
- I’ll be loaning Cuisance, Arp, and Ron-Thorben Hoffman as well. The system somehow does really well with loan players.
Idk how much money you have to start with
But you should probably immediately buy Mbappe…. The rest of the squad will be fine.
In all seriousness, I did this in my other personal manager career mode, which turned into some monsterous team of galacticos. Mbappe had won the Ballon d’Or five times and was 99 overall rated. After one year of Lewandowski, I’ll probably sell him and then buy Mbappe...but that’s up to you guys.
I’m pretty sure since this is FIFA, you sell Mueller and buy Dybala
This happens in literally every version of the game where I play as the manager of another team. Why does the system think Thomas will ever leave Bayern?
But looking at your comments, a lot of you seem to say that you want me to do two things this transfer market:
- Sell Muller. Which, why? I mean I know some of you are trolls and it would be kinda funny, but why?
- Buy a right-back and a center-back. Both of these are great suggestions. I will be using Kimmich as a CDM alongside either Tolisso or Thiago for most of the time, so we’re gonna need a RB. We can look at a bunch of options which I will take from the comments. (I’m in the camp of grabbing Lukas Klostermann myself). The others suggest buying a centerback, which I understand, but keep in mind that we’re fully healthy as of right now. Niklas Süle, Lucas Hernandez, David Alaba, Jerome Boateng, Javi Martinez, and Benjamin Pavard will all be fighting for one spot.
So now it’s time to hear from you! The polls close in 24 hours, so leave in the comments who you think we should get!
Do we sell Thomas Muller?
This poll is closed
Do we buy a Right Back?
This poll is closed
Do we buy a Center Back? What to do with our current CB’s?
This poll is closed
Yes, buy one and sell no one
Yes, buy one and sell Boateng
Yes, buy one and sell Javi
Yes, buy one and sell someone else
No, we’re all set