Emre Can to BVB official
This is very likely a good move for Dortmund and definitely a good move for Can himself, who was a non-factor at Juventus Turin. With playing time and solid performances, he can ensure he remains a major part of the German national team.
Transfer deadline day review:
Emre Can to Dortmund was the biggest move for any Bundesliga club on the last day of the winter transfer window. It was an affair that most football fans knew what was going to happen, but how well did you follow the Transfer Deadline Day?
Here are other signings you might have missed:
- Odion Ighalo to Manchester United - In a deal that wonderfully epitomizes the chaos that can ensue on Winter transfer window deadline day, United has signed 30-year-old Odion Ighalo on loan from Chinese club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua. Ighalo, who played for Watford from 2014-2017, has since been playing his football in China. He will become the first Nigerian to play for Manchester United.
OFFICIAL: Manchester United confirm they completed a loan move for Odion Ighalo until the end of the season— B/R Football (@brfootball) February 1, 2020
Just in time ⏳ pic.twitter.com/nbpnEJEVEJ
- Matheus Cunha to Hertha Berlin - The project continues. Hertha has bought Matheus Cunha from RB Leipzig on a long-term deal. Transfermarkt has reported that the deal cost the capital-club 15€ million.
- Kevin-Prince Boateng to Besiktas - The 32-year-old Berlin native has left Franck Ribery and Fiorentina to move to Turkish club Besiktas on loan.
- Jacob Bruun Larsen to Hoffenheim - Previous Dortmund winger Jacob Bruun Larsen joined Hoffenheim on a four-year and a half deal. The transfer fee was reported, again by transfermarkt, to be around 9€ million.
Borussia Dortmund and @tsghoffenheim have agreed to terms on the transfer of Jacob Bruun Larsen.— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) January 31, 2020
We wish JBL the very best and thank him for his efforts and dedication to BVB! pic.twitter.com/oIaboN0pPy
- Angeliño to RB Leipzig - RB Leipzig will loan the left-back from Manchester City until the end of the season. There is a reported option-to-buy at the end of the contract.
- Yannick Carrasco to Atletico Madrid - The winger, who was once linked with Bayern, will rejoin Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid on loan. Whether there is an option-to-buy at the end of the season is still not confirmed.
- Francisco Trincão to FC Barcelona - Barcelona has bought 20-year-old Francisco Trincão from Portuguese club Braga for a reported 31€ million. He will join in the summer.
Francisco Trincão— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) January 31, 2020
Agreement with @SCBragaOficial for Trincão transfer; he'll join FC Barcelona on 1 July 2020.
- Cedric to Arsenal - Southampton loaned Tottenham Hotspurs full-back Kyle Walker-Peters two days ago which meant Cedric could leave the club to Arsenal, also on loan.
Summary: A very quiet deadline day. Only £30 million was spent within all the Premier League clubs, the lowest since 2010.
They both tour Brazil in an armored car! Or at least Honda will: the 33-year-old midfielder has just signed with Botafogo after the club granted his request for an armored car to transport him around Rio de Janeiro. Botagofo unveiled Honda in style as their latest Pokemon:
Honda is not playing cute or taking any chances in Brazil. Rio and Brazil generally remain a violent place, although there The Sun gets its figure of 39 murders per 100,000 people is not clear. That would make Rio just about as violent as Detroit, Michigan, the 46th most dangerous city as of 2018. But Brazil’s murder rate has been falling, and Rio does not feature among the latest top-50. That’s as much fact-checking of The Sun I’m willing to do. At any rate, stay safe, Honda.
Jose Mourinho interviews himself
Jose Mourinho just interviewed himself pic.twitter.com/5P5k9LYjnq— B/R Football (@brfootball) January 31, 2020