Joachim Löw has named his German national team squad for the upcoming friendly against the Czech Republic and the UEFA Nations League games against Ukraine and Spain. Niklas Süle is at home due to being tested positive for Covid while Julain Draxler is currently injured.
Joachim #Löw has named Germany his squad for the upcoming international break!— Germany (@DFB_Team_EN) November 6, 2020
ℹ️ Neuer, Ginter, Gnabry, Goretzka, Kimmich, Kroos, Sané and Werner are only available for the Nations League games.#DieMannschaft #GERCZE #GERUKR #ESPGER pic.twitter.com/hjwCoppPYY
It is important to note that several Bayern Munich players including Manuel Neuer, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Joshua Kimmich, and Leroy Sané won’t play against the Czech Republic on Wednesday 11 November. Other players who will be rested are other Champions League players within the squad such as Matthias Ginter, Toni Kroos, and Timo Werner.
Those players will travel with the squad to Leipzig on Saturday 14 November to face Ukraine and to Sevilla on Tuesday 17 November to face Spain in Germany’s last UEFA Nations League game.
The standings in League A Group 4 are incredibly tight. Germany still has a chance to win the group if defeat Ukraine and Spain. Currently, Germany has the same points as Ukraine but with a better goal difference and is one point behind Spain who currently is on top of the group.
- Philipp Max is included in the national team.
- Reus is still not included, maybe because Löw doesn’t want to force him back from injuries, but this points towards that he won’t be in the starting XI this summer.
- Marc-Andre Ter Stegen is still not in the squad despite him playing against Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League. Most likely a precautionary decision from both Löw and Ter Stegen.
- I got my wish! Felix Uduokhai is included in the team!
- Jonas Hofmann is included once again and that is great, he deserves it as he has been excellent for Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- Leon Goretzka is in the squad and I hope Löw uses him cautiously.