Initial reactions and observations
- Did anyone not see this coming? Low’s Germany has been terrible for over 2 years now. Tne bleeding needs to stop, sack Jogi now.
- Imagine if there was a veteran defender somewhere that could slot into this backline. Too bad Germany doesn’t have any of those.
- Bayern and Germany now know what Barcelona and Brazil felt uring those thrashings. Honestly, it’s a bit cathartic.
- We risked coronavirus for this?
- Thank god the international break is over.
Full time: Spain 6-0 Germany.
88' - Goal, Spain make it six.
71' - Goal. This is tragic. Ferran Torres makes it 5-0 and completes his hat trick.
54' - Goal. Spain making it ugly. The Germans have no structure, Torres easily makes it 4-0.
45' - We're back! I wish we weren't.
Halftime: Spain lead Germany 3-0.
38' - Goal. Game over for the Germans, this could get ugly.
32' - Goal! Ferran Torres makes it 2-0 for the Spaniards.
17' - Goal! Alvaro Morata scores from a corner to make it 1-0.
Kickoff: We’re underway! Will the 4-3-3 save the day?
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Looks like the Bayern players will have to save Jogi’s job (again).
The international break is almost over! But first, we must suffer through one final game from Low’s beleaguered lads. Or maybe maybe “suffer” isn’t the correct word. Folks, as hard as this might be to believe, Germany actually played a good game last time round, so maybe it’s time for some optimism.
The Bayern Munich core is doing wonders for the team. Leroy Sane has turned into a smooth Arjen Robben regen, while Leon Goretzka is quickly picking up where Bastian Schweinsteiger left off. Serge Gnabry, while hilariously off-target in the previous game against Ukraine, is great for games against bigger opposition. Of course, Manuel Neuer needs no introduction.
Can they beat Spain? Probably. Will they? Well, let’s wait and see.
Location: Estadio La Cartuja de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Time: 8:45 pm local time, 2:45 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.