63’— 3-1! Timo Werner scores his second.
First half observations:
- Germany are playing well but are shaky defensively.
- Werner, Sane and Gnabry are an incredibly dangerous trio when on the counter.
- Leon Goretzka has been the best player on the pitch so far.
- In Löw we trust.
33’— Timo Werner scores for Germany. 2-1!
23’— Leroy Sane equalises for Germany.
12’— 1-0 to Ukraine! Roman Yaremchuk the goalscorer...
Kickoff: We’re underway in Leipzig!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Jogi’s gone for a bunch of defenders yet again. Oh well, at least we have wingers this time.
I’ve been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out a way to write a foreword for this game. I have nothing so far, because this is just so dumb. As a Bayern Munich fan, it’s really depressing, because we’re about to watch our players kill themselves on the pitch for a coach who has no clue, playing in a tournament that has no meaning, in front of a crowd that doesn’t exist.
Anyway, Germany face Ukraine. Niklas Sule is back in the squad. Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, and Leroy Sane will all probably start. Have fun talking about the game. If you’re not in Europe, you’re better off taking a nap.
Location: Red Bull Arena, Leipzig, Germany
Time: 8:45 pm local time, 2:45 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.