Sane allegedly told pals that he’s staying put (The Sun)
Okay, let’s just preface this by saying it’s The Sun, but Manchester City’s Leroy Sane has reportedly told friends that he will not be moving to Bayern Munich.
Leroy Sane has revealed to friends he will snub a return to Germany. The Manchester City forward is locked in contract talks at the Etihad and wanted by Bayern Munich. But he is set to stay with the Premier League champions rather than return to the Bundesliga after leaving Schalke in 2016. And Sane, 23, reckons England is where the best players are competing. He is also believed to have reservations about going home, where he is under massive scrutiny.
So take that or leave it, but one interesting piece of the story that did arise was that Sane is in search of a new agent.
Negotiations have been complicated by Sane’s search for a new agent.
With Sane reportedly not having representation, this saga could linger on for the majority of the window. Should Bayern wait until Sane sorts this out or should they move on?
Should Bayern Munich wait for Leroy Sane to get settled with a new agent?
This poll is closed
Yes — he is worth the wait.
Yes — why not?
No — this is all posturing to get a new deal from City.
No — Bayern can’t wait around and risk not making other moves that would help the team.
Well damn — this is going to drag on as long as the Lewy saga last summer isn’t it?
Women’s World Cup rundown (@FOXSoccer)
If you aren’t watching the Women’s World Cup, you are missing some great action. Here is yesterday’s recap from the knockout round:
- Germany’s workmanlike 3-0 victory over Nigeria — 90 in 90:
Germany picked up their fourth-straight clean sheet as they cruised to victory against Nigeria.— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) June 22, 2019
Watch the full game highlights in our 90' in 90" ⬇️ #FIFAWWC pic.twitter.com/OLrtB61pKW
A late Olimpico equalizer ✅— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) June 22, 2019
Extra time ✅
The knockout stage matchup between Norway and Australia had it all ⬇️#FIFAWWC pic.twitter.com/3i2IZxigrb
Conflicting reports on Pepe (@GFFN)
One name that we have not heard much about lately in relation to Bayern is Lille’s Nicolas Pepe. According to Get French Football News (citing a report from L’Equipe), Bayern is still battling with Arsenal, Atlético Madrid, Inter Milan, Liverpool, and Manchester United for the winger.
TF1 on Nicolas Pépé: Inter Milan have upped their offer but to €75m not to €90m like L’Équipe say - neither the player nor Lille have made a decision. 5 other teams have shown an interest in doing a deal: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Liverpool & Manchester United.— Get French Football News (@GFFN) June 23, 2019
However, a report from Get German Football News has a statement from Sport Bild’s Christian Falk, who is saying quite the opposite:
Exclusive | @cfbayern on Bayern Munich's previous interest in Nicolas Pépé: "The board had said no to a transfer because he’s not the quality of Bayern Munich, but if they don’t get any winger, perhaps they have to rethink Pépé." https://t.co/zZx9M8eHHo— Get German Football News (@GGFN_) June 21, 2019
Once again, Falk Master Flex channels his inner Brand Nubian and tells all those wack transfer rumor-mongers that “Punks Jump Up to Get Beat Down.”
An insane De Ligt rumor (@juvefcdotcom)
This is sorta LOL-worthy whether it is true or not.
PSG, to try to secure de Ligt, have, through their wealthy owner, courted the girlfriend of the Ajax player, Annekee Molenaar, offering her contracts for a modelling career and offered a major contract to the Dutchman. [De Telegraaf / @juventusfans]— Juvefc.com (@juvefcdotcom) June 22, 2019
Wagner gets off the schneid (@titan_plus)
Earlier in the week we detailed former Bayern Munich and Hoffenheim striker Sandro Wagner’s acclimation to the game in the Chinese Super League. In the piece, we talked over how Wagner had not yet scored, but that has changed after Wagner found the back of the net twice for a brace:
Sandro Wagner finally opened his account in CSL to end a lengthy 13-match goal-drought after coming to China. The ex-Bayern Munich and Hoffenheim striker made a brace to lead Uli Stielike's team defeat Shandong Luneng 2:1 tonight. A classic header followed by an amazing curve. pic.twitter.com/xjhgIFp0XI— Titan Sports Plus (@titan_plus) June 22, 2019
The Daily Schmankerl — where ALL bad streaks come to an end (or get started...we can’t decide).
Kerr offered big money deal (Fox Sports)
Australia legend Sam Kerr was offered a big money deal from Chelsea worth $1 million over two years.
Matildas superstar Sam Kerr has been offered a two-year contract worth nearly $1 million to join Chelsea in England’s FA women’s Super League. Kerr now has to decide between accepting the deal — which would make her one of the highest paid female footballers in the world — or staying with Perth Glory in the W-League.
Kerr had a catastrophic miss in penalty kicks for Australia yesterday, but is still one of the best players in the world. It will be interesting to see if she decides to make a move to England.
A Felix update (@intothecalderon)
It looks like Atlético Madrid is going to get really serious about retaining SL Benfica’s Joao Felix if it can secure him via transfer this summer.
AS: Atlético have inserted a €350 million release clause into João Félix's contract, an important development in a move that will be completed next week when the teenager returns from vacation.— Into the Calderón (@intothecalderon) June 22, 2019