Despite this allegedly being “down time” there is a lot to discuss when it comes to the wonderful and wacky world of football. In this episode we hit on the following topics:
- The Women’s World Cup has been great and we hit each group at a high level before talking through the matchups for the knockout stage.
- The transfer saga of Manchester City Leroy Sane. Is he legitimately pondering making a move to Bayern Munich or is this all just posturing to get more money from the Citizens.
- The move of Atlético Madrid defensive midfielder Rodri to Manchester City. Bayern Munich was reportedly a finalist to land the talent, but it looks like City ultimately will close the deal.
- The tag-team effort of Germany international Timo Werner and Bayern Munich to squeeze every bit of negotiating leverage out of an overmatched RB Leipzig. Is it going to come to getting less than they want this summer for Werner as opposed to getting nothing at all next summer.
- The state of the Bayern center-back core after the flight of Mats Hummels to Borussia Dortmund. Should Bayern be pursuing a replacement and if so, if VfB Stuttgart’s Ozan Kabak the man for the job? We have our doubts on both questions.
Give the episode a listen and give us your comments below. We’d love to hear your scorching hot takes on those topics and anything else! Also, I am not going to lie...if Werner does find his way to Bayern, The Daily Schmankerl is going to implode with the possibilities for funny photographs given the proclivity that Werner and Robert Lewandowski each have for getting caught on camera at just the right moment!