Update [4:35PM EST]
Germany crushed Estonia 8-0. The goalscorers were:
- Marco Reus: 10’, 37’
- Serge Gnabry: 17’, 62’
- Leon Goretzka: 20’
- Ilkay Gundogan: 26’ (PK)
- Timo Werner: 79’ (aka #TimoTime)
- Leroy Sane: 88’
It doesn’t get much more dominant than that.
After defeating Belarus 2-0, Germany will continue their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign against Estonia. Germany is the overwhelming favorite.
Die Mannschaft, currently led by Marcus Sorg in the absence of dumbbell-injured Jogi Löw, will field a similar lineup to that which faced Belarus. Bild reported yesterday that Timo Werner will not feature in the starting lineup, as Germany will presumably stick with Leroy Sané, Serge Gnabry, and Marco Reus.
Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz is one major contender for a starting spot against an outclassed Estonia. As for Estonia, they will be without their captain, Ragnar Klavan. Estonia is in 5th place in Group C, just ahead of Belarus.
If you’re looking to watch the 2020 Euro qualifiers Live Soccer TV can tell you where to find the action on television or streaming in your country.
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. Don’t feel pressured or anything, we’re
mostlyvery friendly. Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion. One refresh every 55-60 seconds is ideal but if that’s too much then just try for one every five minutes and after every goal.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in. Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.