As Marca reports, Real Madrid has great interest in Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt. The 21-year-old is supposed to be at the top of the royal wish list - Real is apparently willing to put 70 million euros on the table for the striker. However, the report also states that Madrid has strong competition. Real, however, has an advantage because it has good relations with Jovic’s advisors. Zinedine Zidane would like to see more danger of scoring and should be of the opinion that Jovic and Karim Benzema could “coexist” in the Real attack.
Bayern Munich battered Fortuna Dusseldorf 4-1 behind an overwhelming effort from its front four. Here are some quick hitters on the match:
- The Bayern quartet of Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Muller, Kingsley Coman, and Serge Gnabry is just lethal. The front four has been creative with its spacing, runs, and passing and has also been a complete and utter nightmare to defend as both Dusseldorf and Borussia Dortmund can attest.
- Coman’s brace was impressive and while it was not his most complete effort, his dynamic play from the wing is making Bayern incredibly hard to defend. Kudos to Gnabry as well, who turned in yet another solid effort.
- Aside of the hand ball on Mats Hummels, the Bayern back four and midfield units were equally impressive as the offense in thwarting the Dusseldorf attack.
- Every time I hear that someone wants Joshua Kimmich to move to the defensive midfield, I think about all of the brilliant performances and creative play-making at right back we will miss.
- The man does not get enough credit, but David Alaba is just as steady a player as you can find a left back. He has quietly turned in a superb season.
- The injuries to Hummels and Manuel Neuer come at an awful time in the season. While neither injury is expected to linger for a long period, Bayern has key matches coming up for both the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal against a very feisty and talented Werder Bremen squad. Sven Ulreich will have to be the man.
When asked by Sky Sports about Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic allegedly confirmed interest in AS Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo (at least according to Calciomercato), but it doesn’t necessarily sound like a sure thing as much as it does a blanket statement regarding all transfers.
Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has confirmed that the Bavarians are interested in signing Nicolo Zaniolo at the end of the season: “We are studying many profiles, we know many players and we will take a decision at the end of the season”, he told Sky Sports when asked about the Italian starlet. “We want to improve the team but we are waiting for the end of the season, we’re going to speak in the summer.”
Update: 10:44AM EST
Zaniolo? There are many players we like but we wait for the end of the season and at that point we will see what to do.
If you wanted a Thomas Muller interview in English that features him growling, you came to the right place.
And here is Thomas Müller’s little growl. pic.twitter.com/QDUTLBYzNi— Archie Rhind-Tutt (@archiert1) April 15, 2019
***Conspiracy theory: Muller is now giving interviews in English to prepare for his eventual move to Philadelphia for a career with the Union starting in 2023.***
For a capsule-style recap of the Bundesliga’s weekend fixtures, just click here.
Former New York Red Bulls coach Jesse Marsch will take over for Marco Rose with RB Salzburg.
It is more the timing of the injuries to Neuer and Hummels than the actual severity that is the cause for concern.