After a quick start, Germany faltered before a game-winner in extra time gave Die Mannschaft the victory. Here are some quick hitters on the match:
- Aside of his game-winning effort, Hoffenheim’s Nico Schulz had a very solid game as he totaled a goal and an assist on the night. Schulz has been one of the players over the past six months that has embraced his role on the national team. While Joachim Low would seemingly have trouble defending some of his “new” player selections, Schulz is one that has really worked out.
- Thilo Kehrer is over-matched. Low needs to move Joshua Kimmich back to outside back. It is not to say that Kehrer won’t ever be up to par, but he isn’t there now.
- What a goal from Serge Gnabry and to beat Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk in the process...well, that was an extra nice touch.
- The central defense of Germany is still extremely shaky. There is talent on the roster, especially with Niklas Sule, but the group is not quite seasoned enough for this level of play just yet.
- It would be pretty tough to argue that Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is not the most important player for Germany.
- Manchester City’s Leroy Sane has moments of brilliance and moments that probably causes fans utter frustration, but he’s a talent in the process of putting it all together for Die Mannschaft.
- Manuel Neuer had some great moments, eh? It’s been a roller coaster ride for the former World Cup-winner, but he had quite a few moments of brilliance yesterday.
- The win was nice, but Germany is not out of the woods yet. There are a lot of issues that Low will need to address moving forward.
Bayern Munich might be taking a look at Fiorentina winger Federico Chiesa. Chiesa is a 21-year-old with great speed and acceleration, who has 12 goals and eight assists in 31 games across all competitions.
It seems as though the waiting line for Federico Chiesa can’t stop increasing with every passing day. Earlier, only Juventus and Inter Milan were strongly linked with the Italian, but there seems to be an ever-increasing row of admirers for the new Fiorentina starlet.
La Repubblica state that Liverpool and Bayern Munich are now two new potential suitors for the La Viola winger, who has appeared 28 times in the Serie A this season, scoring six times and assisting thrice.
Need to learn a little more about Chiesa? Here you go.
On Saturday, we had a piece that referenced that Bayern would have the weekend off and also that Sven Ulreich was showing his scoring skills. Now there is video evidence:
You can’t teach this type of talent. Bring him up Jogi!
This seems a bit premature, but here you go:
Liverpool are ready to cut short their Naby Keita experiment and send him back to Germany, we have learned. The Reds signed the 24-year-old Guinea midfielder from RB Leipzig in a deal worth just over £50milion last summer, but he has not made the expected impact and Jurgen Klopp is ready to sanction his departure.
Even though Liverpool will likely take a hit of over £10million, they are ready to move him and both Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are believed to have already held talks with the player’s representatives about a prospective return to the Bundesliga.
Bayern extends its reach a bit more with an agreement to implement some of its youth initiatives in Singapore.
FC Bayern has agreed a partnership with the Singapore Sports Council (SportSG) in Singapore. The youth partnership between the German record champions and SportSG will involve the international youth tournament series “FC Bayern Youth Cup” alongside with FC Bayern coaches exchange and education programs. The signing ceremony took place at the Jurong East Stadium with Klaus Augenthaler, FC Bayern’s Hall of Famer, as participant.