Two Bayern Munich players have been named to Goal’s NxGn 2019 Top 50 U19 players in the world. Alphonso Davies and Christian Fruchtl cracked the list, joining the world’s elite players which certainly includes dozens of players that you’ve never heard of before now.
Davies comes in at number 6 in the list. He is the second highest player in the Bundesliga behind Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho. He’s also the top rated North American player, edging out Mexico’s Diego Lainez.
Squeezing into the list at number 50, Fruchtl is the only Bayern youth player to make the list. The talented goalkeeper has been held in high regard by the club, and it’s likely that we’ll see him get loaned out for playing time at a high level sooner rather than later.
The fact that Fruchtl is the only Bayern youth player on this list is disappointing for the club, as they’ve moved to improve the youth development over the last several years. Now that the training facility is completed, it will be interesting to see if more players start to populate this list in the coming years.
Future Bayern player Jann-Fiete Arp split the list in the middle right at number 26. He’ll be joining Bayern ... sometime... but we all look forward to seeing what he can do wearing that world famous red shirt.
Goal NxGn Top 10 U-19 Players
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund / England)
- Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid / Brazil)
- Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea / England)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City / England)
- Rodrygo (Santos / Brazil)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich / Canada)
- Sandro Tonali (Brescia / Italy)
- Diego Lainez (Real Betis / Mexico)
- Moise Kean (Juventus / Italy)
- Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolverhampton / England)
For the full Top 50 listing, click here.