It will be a busy international break for Bayern Munich’s youth ranks as 16 players were called up to their respective countries per FCBayern.com. Below is a break down by age group as provided by the club:
- Amateur right-back Mert Yilmaz was nominated for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifier for Turkey against Albania (Saturday, March 23).
- Midfielder Meritan Shabani was invited by the DFB to the games against Portugal (Friday, March 22) and Poland (Tuesday, March 26), the U20 selection, but had to cancel due to injury.
- Under-19 defender Chris Richards was also nominated by the United States for the U20 national team. The US will play test matches against France (Friday, March 22) and Japan (Monday, March 25).
- Three German players have been nominated for the European Championship qualifiers in Croatia. In addition to goalkeeper Christian Früchtl, two defenders Lukas Mai and Alexander Lungwitz are in the squad for the games against Croatia (Wednesday, March 20), Norway (Saturday, March 23) and Hungary (Tuesday, March 26).
- Bayern striker Joshua Zirkzee, meanwhile, is playing in the European Championship qualifiers with the Dutch U19 team against Wales (Wednesday, March 20), Slovenia (Saturday, March 23) and Spain (Tuesday, March 26).
- The U18 juniors of the DFB play two international matches against France (Wednesday, March 20 and Saturday, March 23) in Narbonne (southern France). FC Bayern defender Louis Poznanski is on the roster.
- Alex Timossi Andersson was invited to a training camp for Sweden’s U18 team in Bosön (Stockholm).
- Malik Tillman and the German U17 team will play European Championship qualification games against Belarus (Wednesday, March 20), Iceland (Saturday, March 23) and Slovenia (Tuesday, March 26).
- The U16 juniors of the DFB go with three Bayern junior players on international travel to Italy. Roman Reinelt, Torben Rhein, and Luca Denk will compete against Squadra Azzurra (Saturday, March 23rd and Monday, March 25th).
- For U15 training in Barsinghausen (Lower Saxony), the DFB has invited three talents of FC Bayern with Eyüp Aydin, Lucas Copado, and Giancarlo Lore.