Initial reactions and observations:
- Hansi Flick did well. He figured out what he had to do on the half-time break. He subbed of Boateng and since then, Bayern started playing much better. His tactical setup and substitutions were spot on.
- Even if Bayern did fell apart after they’ve conceded a goal, they managed to pick themselves up again and completely turn things around for them.
- Coutinho is a magician. Three goals and two assists today as he is slowly getting back into his old Liverpool self.
- Sarpreet Singh with a debut for Bayern Munich. Very nice move from Flick.
Full time! Bayern have masterfully won a very important match. What a display of power in the second half!
88’ — Bayern have slowed down now and are closing the match down.
84’ — Chance for Kimmich after corner, but the shot goes straight to Pavlenka
82’ — Coutinho comes out and Sarpreet Singh comes in.
78’ — A MAGICAL GOAL! Coutinho with a hat-trick! WOW
76’ — Big chance for Lewa after Perišić crossed the ball.
75’ — Muller! Goal and an assist shortly after he was subbed in! Coutinho with an assist, a perfect match for him.
72’ — What a goal! Thomas Muller visionary assist for Robert Lewandowski who scores his second.
70’ — Thomas Muller in, Leon Goretzka out
69’ — Bayern could have easily scored now, but Perišić complicated too much and nothing came out of a good chance.
65’ — Huge chance for Bayern, but Goretzka’s shot from inside the box went too high!
63’ — WHAT A GOAL FROM COUTINHO! Brilliant pass from Alaba and then a world class chip from Coutinho! WOW!
61’ — Genius defending from Thiago to stop Rashica and then a good move to get rid of the opposing player, but Thiago was brought down.
59’ — Amazing pass from Coutinho to Perišić, but Ivan’s shot was way off target
58’ — The game slowed down a bit now. Bayern doesn’t want to rush things and to concede a quick goal.
54’ — Rashica again with a chance. The man is looking dangerous again.
52’ — Bayern are continuing where they left of in the first half — high pressing and dominating the game right now.
50’ — Shot from distance from Perišić, but the shot was saved by Pavlenka
47’ — Very good chance for Bayern. Through ball from Lewa to Coutinho, but Coutinho shot straight at Pavlenka
46’ — Ivan perišić came in for Jerome Boateng. That was expected.
Second half is underway!
- Boateng can’t deal with Rashica. He’s been the weakest link tonight in Bayern’s side. Rashica is just too strong, fast and agile for Boateng who always looks out of touch when playing against Rashica.
- Bayern fell apart badly after they’ve conceded. It was awful. Werder were wasting time and Bayern had no idea what to do, but luckily it didn’t last long.
- Bayern found the strength in the last ten minutes of the first half and played superb. Bayern fought back and they were rewarded with two goals.
Half-time! A very interesting half-time has finished as Bayern completed the comeback.
45+3’ — GOAL! Lewandowski! The comeback is complete at the dying moments of the first half.
45’ — Two minutes of added time
45’ — Goal for Bayern! Coutinho scores after Gnabry’s pass!
44’ — Last warning for Pavlenka for time wasting. Unbelievable.
42’ — Boateng stopped a dangerous counter attack
41’ — Huge fuss in Werder’s box, but nothing serious happened.
39’ — What a save from Pavlenka! First he denied Lewandowski on 1 on 1 situation and then he saved Coutinho’s shot from distance. Crazy!
37’ — Rashica again escaped from Boateng and managed to place a shot, but it went over the bar.
36’ — Boateng with a foul. He has to be careful. He fouled Rashica again.
34’ — Pavlenka provoking the Bayern fans for wasting time. He’s on a brink of a yellow card
32’ — First semi dangerous chance for Bayern after they’ve conceded. Pavard crossed the ball, but it was just few centimeters away from Lewandowski
29’ — Rashica again causing trouble for Jerome Boateng. He can’t seem to deal with Rashica’s speed and agility.
28’ — Bayern can’t string two passes together, they fell apart after Werder’s goal
24’ — Goal for Werder Bremen. Milot Rashica scored after abysmal defending
22’ — Yellow card for Gross.
20’ — Corner for Werder. Veljković tried with a header, but the shot went wide
19’ — Yellow card for Jerome Boateng.
17’ — Lewandowski clears the ball in his own box after Werder’s free kick
16’ — Yellow card for Benjamin Pavard.
15’ — Again good cross from Gnabry to Lewandowski who shot the ball just under the crossbar, but Pavlenka denied the shot.
13’ — Very good attack from Bayern. Lewa with the long ball for Serge, who crossed the ball, but Pavlenka caught it.
12’ — Dangerous cross from Gnabry, but the ball somehow missed every player in the box
10’ — Two very good chances for Lewandowski in couple of minutes, but Pavlenka saved both of them.
8’ — Dangerous counter attack for Werder, but luckily Rascica slipped in the box
7’ — Free kick for Werder Bremen, but Manuel Neuer got the ball.
5’ — Good chance for Gnabry. Pavard crossed the ball, but Serge headed the ball too high
4’ — Bayern are playing well and are having lots of ball possession.
1’ — First chance for Bayern. Good pass from Alaba to Davies who passes it to Coutinho, but the Brazilian’s shot was over the bar
Kickoff! Matchday 15 is underway
One hour until kickoff: Lineups are out!
Hansi Flick will have to best his latest opponents without the services of Corentin Tolisso and Kingsley Coman — the two Frenchmen have joined Lucas Hernandez and Niklas Sule on the injury list. Robert Lewandowski, who was rested in midweek, will be fresh and eager to start a new scoring streak, while Thomas Muller and Philippe Coutinho will be happy to assist him. David Alaba, meanwhile, has recovered from a minor pelvic problem — the Austrian will line up at center back and be key to keeping Bremen’s Milot Rashica under wraps.
It’s Bayern time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself. We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- SBN is a little slow to show new comments. Refresh the page regularly to keep up with the discussion, especially after goals.
- The goal celebrations are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news or something completely different, we have it all.