Ever wonder what a day in the lift on the Bayern Munich campus is like? Chris Richards walks you through it (FCBayern.TV)
I really cant emphasize enough that you should watch this video. Chris Richards is a good kid with a great attitude and excellent talent, but the video also gives an outstanding view on what the Bayern Munich youth academy players do in their normal day-to-day. It’s well worth the nine minutes you’ll invest to view it.
The Red Devils tumultuous start to the season under Jose Mourinho has left many clamoring for the hiring of former Real Madrid head man, Zinedine Zidane. Zidane, though, reportedly has a list of players he’d want to join him in Manchester.
Zinedine Zidane has been compiling a list of Manchester United transfer targets — if he lands the job. The former Real Madrid boss has told friends he expects a call from Old Trafford chiefs if the crisis engulfing Jose Mourinho spirals out of control. Players on Zidane’s list include Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos, Bayern Munich’s Thiago Alcantara, James Rodriguez – currently on loan at Bayern from Real Madrid – and Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
The rumors of Zidane moving to Manchester United probably hold some water, especially if Mourinho continues to battle with players like Paul Pogba and the media. The “wish list” is a bit ambitious, though.
Germany used a late goal from Nico Schulz to squeak by Peru, but Die Mannschaft used these two games to learn a little about its newest iteration. Here some quick hitters on the match:
- Joshua Kimmich is as versatile and competent as a player as there is on the Germany roster. After making himself a world class right back, the Bayern man has seamlessly shifted to a new role at the “6” for Die Mannschaft; and he’s proven to be pretty damn good there as well.
- Schulz struggled on the big stage defensively, which is supposed to be his forte, but made up for it with his game-winner. Surely, Joachim Löw will ride Jonas Hector when he returns to the German roster, but Schulz may have given Löw enough of a view to warrant a look as a reserve.
- We are starting to see Timo Werner evolve into the weapon that will help lead the German offensive attack.
- Ditto Julian Brandt. The Bayer Leverkusen youngster is showing that he deserves a nod into the Starting XI on a consistent basis.
Full highlights from the game can be found here.
It will be another four years wearing the three stripes for Die Mannschaft.
We are trying something here at the Daily Schmankerl and need YOUR help. If you read my man Tommy Adams’ piece about his experience with the FCBNYC Fan Club (if you haven’t, SHAME ON YOU!), you could see how great the event was. So we want to highlight some of these wonderful groups that are out there globally and this is what we need from you:
- Name of the group
- Year founded
- Leadership (if you have people are kind of running the show)
- Meeting place
- Social media handles
We have 7 clubs on board so far. I’d LOVE to be able to feature a different fan group every week this season. Maybe we can do it, maybe not...but only YOU can help decide the fate of this idea. Send your info to: firstname.lastname@example.org.