Just over 24 hours after reports in Germany came out stating that Jerome Boateng called Jose Mourinho turn down a move to Manchester United, Le Parisien in France is claiming the center back is closing in on a move to Paris Saint-Germain. Thomas Tuchel had previously stated earlier in the summer that he was keen on bringing Boateng to the French capital, presumably to pair Thiago Silva and Marquinhos in a back three with Tuchel’s preference to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.
Per Le Parisien, Boateng has already agreed to join PSG and is now just waiting for terms to be agreed upon by both PSG and Bayern Munich. The French giants are prepared to offer Bayern €45m, which is technically €5m less than Bayern’s €50m valuation of Boateng. However, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge did state earlier this summer that the club would be willing to let Boateng go for “the right price.” If either Bayern are willing to accept €5m less, or PSG are willing to up their bid by €5m, it looks increasingly likely that a deal will be agreed upon before the end of the transfer window, especially with a club that has the finances that PSG possesses.
Ronan Murphy of Goal:
Christian Falk of SportBild:
The Agent of Jerome @JB17Official Boateng, Christian Nerlinger, is conducting negotiations on Thursday with Antero Henrique, Director of Sports @PSG_inside More News on @BILD_Sport @SPORTBILD @unverhofft— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) August 8, 2018
To paint a better [overall] picture:
A Jerome Boateng [Potential] Transfer Timeline
- Boateng himself admits he might be ready for a “new challenge” prior to the DFB-Pokal final vs. Eintracht Frankfurt
- A number of clubs express interest in acquiring boateng. Namely; Chelsea, PSG, and Manchester United
- Thomas Tuchel admits he’s keen on bringing Boateng to PSG
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says Boateng to PSG is only a matter of money, admits that Bayern have “enough players in this [central defender] position”
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirms Boateng’s agents were in Paris meeting with PSG advisors during Bayern’s preseason Audi Tour in the United States
- Reports suggest Manchester United is close to making a move for Boateng just after the friendly at the Allianz Arena on August 5th
- It’s confirmed that Boateng called Jose Mourinho on the phone, thanked him for the interest, but said ‘no thanks’
- Le Parisien claim a €45m move to PSG is close for Boateng
Don’t you just love transfer windows?