James Rodriguez content is perhaps one of the deepest rabbit holes you can fall down into on the Internet right now. That's what happened to me when a harmless rumor—that Bayern Munich want to flip James for Ivan Rakitic (lol)—sent me searching for a fan drawing of him and Radamel Falcao that I noticed. (I tracked it down, as you can see above.)
Along the way, I stumbled across an amazing image from an article in Colombian sports magazine PubliSport. “Wait, what is that? Someone drew James as a woman!?” That was just the beginning:
- James Rodriguez imagined as "Jasmine." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
- Robert Lewandowski imagined as "Roberta." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
- Mario Götze imagined as "Maria." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
- Toni Kroos imagined as "Tania." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
- Marco Reus imagined as "Marcia." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
- Mesut Özil imagined as "Sophia." Image by Khalid / Oh My Goal
The artist Khalid 10 (check out his stuff!) had rendered several of European soccers biggest stars as women, with sometimes astonishing, sometimes terrifying, and generally hilarious results. “Jasmine” Rodriguez and “Roberta” Lewandowski (Lewandowska?) at Bayern Munich, “Marcia” Reus and “Maria” Götze at Borussia Dortmund, and of course don't forget wayward daughter “Tania” Kroos at Real Madrid and “Sophia” Özil at FC Arsenal.
That just scratches the surface. You can see the whole video with all the Photoshopped portraits below:
This is what the best soccer players would look like if they w...
This is what the best soccer players would look like if they were women Khalid 10Posted by Oh My Goal on Thursday, November 16, 2017
You can check out the video and other content on Oh My Goal’s Facebook page here.