Bayern Munich dismantled and dominated FC Nürnberg for a 3-0 victory yesterday. Here are some quick hitters on the match:
- I don’t want to overreact given how overwhelmed FC Nürnberg was, but this is the Bayern we’ve all expected to see.
- Robert Lewandowski may leave some goals on the pitch (what striker doesn’t?), but he’s still among the top handful of center forwards in the world and is hitting his stride right when Bayern needs him most.
- Loved the work from Thomas Muller yesterday. It was one of those games that won’t stand out on the stat sheet, but he was one of the primary reasons that Bayern was so successful offensively.
- The Boy Band currently manning the double pivot continues to excel and show they have a unique chemistry. Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich have built enough of a working relationship on how and when to cover for each other which has absolutely made an impact.
- Franck Ribery has been much better (more motivated?) of late.
- Seeing Manuel Neuer pick up the clean sheet was nice.
- Similarly, the lack of a Keystone Cops sequence from the defenders was also a nice trend to see end.
In the past week, we’ve seen two Bayern luminaries rock turtlenecks. Below, Serge Gnabry looks like he’s ready for some intellectual discussion.
While Robert Lewandowski looks like he is posing for a catalog:
Robert Lewandowski in BILD interview: "We had problems to focus until the very end lately. We never conceded such goals after taking the lead before. We played almost as we imagined against Benfica. Against Bremen, it was not perfect yet, but we're on the right track" pic.twitter.com/7eygu4olmh— Bayern & Germany (@iMiaSanMia) December 6, 2018
Can someone in the comments explain the turtleneck resurgence?
Anyway, here is a short video on the Bayern Christmas party.
Didn’t see that this one coming...