While the mood among Bayern Munich’s players and staff members is rather stale after a terrible run of performances, that didn’t stop them from enjoying themselves ta their annual visit to Paulaner’s Oktoberfest Kaefer Wiesenschaenke tent. Players, staff members, their friends, family members, and relatives all came out to celebrate Oktoberfest on its last day before the majority of the players will have to report for international duty next week.
As is always the case at Bayern’s annual team Oktoberfest outing, everyone was garbed head to toe in traditional Bavarian wardrobes including lederhosen, dirndls, and Bavarian jackets among other accessory attire. Well dressed for the occasion, it was an opportunity to temporarily take their collective minds off of football and enjoy themselves with excellent beer, great food, and good company. The players are allowed to indulge as they’d like, although some players, like Franck Ribery, don’t drink alcohol, and Thomas Muller, who most often enjoys a radler as opposed to a regular fest wiesn beer.
In customary fashion, when the team bus arrived at the Kaefer Wiesenschaenke, photographs were taken at the entrance, followed by a bevvy of pictures that were taken throughout the team’s afternoon visit. Most of the players brought along their significant others while Arjen Robben and Jerome Boateng also brought along their children, and James Rodriguez brought his daughter along, too.
We know it’s been a rough two weeks for Bayern, so we want to try and have some fun with this. We’ve taken some of the best photos from the team’s visit to the wiesn and we’d like to know who everyone thinks wore the traditional Bavarian get-ups best between both the players and the staff (two separate polls below.) Make your pics and, as always, be sure to leave a comment in the comments section!
The Boatengs and the Robbens!
- Thiago making that red vest look good FC Bayern
- Hummels making that bier look tiny! FC Bayern
- Rafinha and his significant other FC Bayern
- Sule and his girlfriend FC bayern
- James looking super suave FC Bayern
- Manuel Neuer: “Hold my beer” FC Bayern
- David Alaba looking like an absolute boss FC Bayern
- Sanches and Lewandowski cheesing for the camera FC Bayern
- A true Bavarian looking really Bavarian! Muller and his wife! FC Bayern
- BROMANCE brought to you by Sven Ulreich and Thomas Muller FC Bayern
The staff and front office:
- Mr and Mrs. Rummenigge (Photo by Sebastian Widmann/Bongarts/Getty Images)
- The bossman arriving at the wiesn FC Bayern
- Brazzo and Niko Kovac FC Bayern
- Drinking away those rough results, boss? ;) (Photo by Sebastian Widmann/Bongarts/Getty Images)
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Niko Kovac FC Bayern
- Uli Hoeness and his wife at the wiesn. (Photo by Pool / Bongarts / Getty Images)
Time to have your say! Who wore it best?!
Which player had the best Bavarian get-up?
This poll is closed
James aka Mr. Suave
Who rocked it best out of the coaches and front office?
This poll is closed