Hi there! Whether you’re a new user, or just another team’s fan who decided to stop by and take a look at our little corner of the internet, welcome to Bavarian Football Works. If you want to know who we are and what we do here, keep reading!
#1: Who are we?
Bavarian Football Works is centered, obviously, around discussing Bayern Munich. Our writing staff post articles daily covering the latest in Bayern Munich news and content. We strive to deliver to you the best and most timely content about the club and its players.
#2: Why should you join us?
BFW isn’t just another news site, we are a community. Our members consist of fans from around the world, from places ranging from the United States to Singapore - all brought together by a singular love of Bayern Munich. We are here to discuss everything about the club and football in general - every viewpoint and opinion is appreciated.
We offer a variety of ways for our members to express their opinion. If the comments section isn’t enough, then there are always fanposts. You can use them to publish your own articles, and they will be seen by everyone else on the site (and the internet at large). Particularly good fanposts may even be promoted onto the main site!
We also run Twitter and Facebook accounts, so we encourage you to participate with us there as well. Our site is one of many covering football on SB Nation, so if you want to, you can hop on over to a Real Madrid or a Barcelona blog without even needing to make a new account. There are over fifty blogs on the site covering teams in MLS, La Liga, the EPL, and Serie A. Our sister site Fear the Wall covers Borussia Dortmund, so give them a peep if you’re interested.
Now this might all seem very intimidating, but don’t worry! No one is forcing you to do everything at once - you’re free to enjoy the site whichever way you wish. Our community is very inclusive and will welcome you warmly. So long as you have something you want to say, then say it! Everyone has to start somewhere. We won’t bite.
#3: What are the rules?
SB Nation as a whole has certain community guidelines. The gist of it is this:
- Unacceptable: Racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, NSFW content, trolling, and personal insults. Any comments or fan posts found to have breached our guidelines will be deleted and a ban will be issued.
- Moderately acceptable: Swearing. You’re allowed to swear, but do so within reason and please make it limited. Excessive swearing is unnecessary.
- Perfectly acceptable: Having a different opinion. Just remember to stay respectful.
Extra: Overtly political and religious comments will be removed. This is a football blog, meant to discuss football. Also, spammy comments like “First!” and “Second!” will be removed without notice. Every single comment here is moderated by an actual human being. The rules are here to create a inclusive atmosphere for everyone to be able to participate.
#4: Tips for getting started.
- Introduce yourself: Just go to the comments section of the latest article and say hi! We’ll give you a warm welcome.
- Share your viewpoint: It doesn’t matter if you think your POV has been mentioned before. We’re always ready to hear from you and our members love a good disucssion.
- Break down your posts: If you want to make a long comment, break it down into easily digestible points or paragraphs.
- Don’t worry about timeouts or double posts: The mods will clear up anything you didn’t want posted.
- Check out this commenting guide on The Liverpool Offside.
#5: Gamethreads: The highlight of the match day.
One thing that we do at BFW is create gamethreads. They are usually the biggest articles on any given match day. They exist to provide an online forum for our members to discuss the game as it happens in real time. Gamethreads are usually posted six hours before a game, and have all the info you’ll need to follow the game live. In the comments section you’ll find fans just like yourself talking about the game, providing updates, commentary, and discussion on a minute-by-minute basis.
It’s a great place for new members to dive right into the conversation. If it’s your first time commenting, please follow #4 to get up and running on match days. We hope to see you there!
#6: Have fun!
Mia San Mia!