On the way to the match against AS Monaco, the Borussia Dortmund team bus was rocked by an explosion. Details are still filtering in from the club and the media. This is obviously still evolving but here is what is known.
- An explosion hit the Dortmund bus as it was leaving their hotel en route to the match approximately 10 km from the Westfalenstadion
- The team has announced that the players and staff are safe
- One person has been injured according to police
- Media reports from BILD and SID say that the club confirmed to them that one player was taken to the hospital. BILD reports that player was Marc Bartra
but no other media sources have confirmed this detail.Lukaz Pizcezk confirmed to reporters that Marc Bartra was taken to the hospital with a cut on his hand.
The game may be canceledThe match has been postponed to Wednesday at 12:45pm ET.
- UPDATE: Police report that three explosions occurred outside the bus. They are operating under the assumption that serious explosives were involved.
Bei Abfahrt unseres Busses hat sich ein Vorfall ereignet. Eine Person wurde dabei verletzt. Weitere Infos folgen. #bvbasm— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 11, 2017
Bombenexplosion am Mannschaftsbus am Mannschaftshotel. Spieler in Sicherheit. Keine Gefahr im und am Stadion. Weitere Infos folgen. #bvbasm— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 11, 2017
Entscheidung über mögliche Spielabsage/-neuansetzung fällt um 20.30 Uhr. #bvbasm— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 11, 2017
Confirmation from Piszczek that Bartra indeed has gone to a hospital with a cut on his hand. https://t.co/FI8gNROrFX— Janusz Michallik (@JanuszMichallik) April 11, 2017
We will update as more develops.