clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bayern Munich will make nearly €74 million from Bundesliga in 2015-16

New, comments

The Bundesliga has notified teams of how much money they'll make from the league in the 2015-16 season.

Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images

Bayern Munich are set to make nearly €74 million for the upcoming season from the Bundesliga's domestic and international media rights. The DFL has seen their media rights revenue increase to a record €850 million which is an increase of €133.6 million over last season.

The national television deal will bring in €696.2 million over last season's €644.1 million. The Bundesliga will receive 80% of the revenue, and the 2.Bundesliga clubs will split the remaining 20%.

The DFL's international media rights have increased from €72.3 million to €153.8 million thanks in large part to the new contract signed with 20th Century Fox for most of the Americas and Europe. Every Bundesliga club will receive €2.5 milllion, while clubs in the 2.Bundesliga will split €1.8 million. The remaining €107 million will be split among the eleven clubs that have played European football in the last five seasons.

The Bundesliga will also bring in €36 million through sponsorships, up 20.4% from last season. FC Bayern will receive €2.088 million from this amount.

Bundesliga clubs are still playing catch-up with English and Italian clubs.

Domestic Media Rights

Bundesliga
Club Euros Received
1 Bayern Munich 40,379,600
2 Borussia Dortmund 39,335,200
3 Bayer Leverkusen 38,291,000
4 Schalke 04 37,24,700
5 Borussia Mönchengladbach 36,202,400
6 Wolfsburg 35,158,100
7 Augsburg 33,591,650
7 Hannover 96 33,591,650
9 Mainz 32,025,200
10 Hoffenheim 30,911,280
11 Werder Bremen 29,727,740
12 Eintracht Frankfurt 28,474,580
13 Stuttgart 7,151,800
14 Hamburg 25,759,400
15 Hertha Berlin 24,367,000
16 Köln 22,974,600
17 Ingolstadt 21,582,200
18 Darmstadt 20,189,800
2.Bundesliga
Club Euros Received
1 Freiburg 11,765,780
2 Nürnberg 11,069,580
3 Kaiserslautern 10,443,000
4 Paderborn 9,886,040
5 Eintracht Braunschweig 9,329,080
6 Fortuna Dusseldorf 8,841,740
7 Greuther Fürth 8,354,400
8 Union Berlin 7,867,060
9 Kalsruher 7,449,340
10 St. Pauli 7,031,620
11 1860 Munich 6,683,520
12 FSV Frankfurt 6,405,040
13 Bochum 6,196,180
14 RB Leipzig 5,987,320
15 Sandhausen 5,778,460
16 Heidenheim 5,569,600
17 Duisburg 5,360,740
18 Arminia Bielefeld 5,221,500

International Media Rights

Club Euros Received
1 Bayern Munich 31,513,462
2 Schalke 22,768,269
3 Borussia Dortmund 20,196,154
4 Bayer Leverkusen 18,138,462
5 Hannover 96 8,981,731
6 Stuttgart 7,644,231
7 Borussia Mönchengladbach 6,821,154
8 Wolfsburg 5,792,308
9 Eintracht Frankfurt 5,380,769
10 Werder Bremen 3,351,923
11 Mainz 2,911,538