For Bayern Munich fans living in the United States, when it was announced earlier this year that FC Bayern would finally be making their return to United States, we were thrilled. Finally, the opportunity to see Bayern take the field in person was a realistic option for many.
The reigning German, European, and World Champions were announced as the opponents in the MLS All Star Game that will take place in Portland. The match is the "showcase" game of the summer friendlies in the US, but we were left wondering where Bayern would be going for their other two matches while here.
Well, today we might have our answer. A report has surfaced that Bayern are targeting Vancouver and New York as the other stops on their tour. While the opponents in those cities isn't known, the author goes on to speculate that Bayern would face Vancouver in their house and Manchester City in New York. I would go as far to speculate that Bayern and City would face each other at Yankee Stadium which is the likely home of New York City FC. In case you were unaware, Manchester City's owners are also the owners of MLS's future expansion side NYCFC.
Here's another nugget of information from the article.
The Bavarians sent a delegation to the 2014 National Soccer Coaches Association of America Convention in Philadelphia, where academy director Sebastian Dremmler is presenting on two topics.
Dremmler apparently spoke to the audience on Thursday about Bayern's youth setup and will present "Passing and Positional Play the Bayern Way" on Friday. Here's a link to a Q&A with him.
- Profiling the Single Pivoteers: Who's the best option as Bayern Munich's lone holding midfielder?
- Manchester City, Real Madrid are after Bayern Munich defender Dante according to reports
- The Ballon d'Or: Finding the most non-popularity votiest ballot in the bunch
- FC Bayern München 8-0 Al Kuwait SC; The Snowman in a Tale of Two Halves
- Ribéry Loses Ballon d'Or, but joins Neuer, Lahm, and Heynckes in Ceremonies