The last few weeks have been troublesome for Bayern Munich with multiple players picking up injuries. While the squad is one of if not the deepest squads in Europe, losing a couple of players to injury at one time will set any team back.
Bastian Schweinsteiger returned to the training field this week after the injury he suffered against Freiburg on the 27th of August. While he may not actually return to game action on Saturday against Hannover 96, he is clearly on the mend and should make his way back sooner rather than later.
On the other hand, Javi Martinez dropped a little bit of good news on Twitter for everyone.
Con suerte en dos días vuelta a los entrenos, con muchas ganas!! /Hopefully in two days back to train, looking forward to!!!— Javi Martínez (@Javi8martinez) September 11, 2013
Martinez struggled to get on the field at the beginning of the season under Pep Guardiola due to missing so much time with the Spanish National Team in the Confederations Cup, and the niggling injury he picked up with the national team a month ago kept him out longer.
So, it looks like we're slowly moving closer toward getting our players back from their injuries. Hopefully, as we begin dealing with the upcoming Bundesliga and Champions League games, the squad will get back to full healthy and producing on the field .
More from Bavarian Football Works:
- Bayern youth teams impress in weekend matches
- Bayern High Five: Top Performers from Tuesday World Cup Qualifiers
- Müller, Klose, and Future Legends : Looking forward to find Germany's next legendary goalscorer
- Tuesday World Cup Qualifiers | Live Discussion Thread
- Jerome Boateng in contract talks with Bayern Munich; Toni Kroos has yet to discuss anything