FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund. The clubs were founded nine years apart; Bayern in 1900, and Dortmund in 1909. The first official match between the two was not until October 16, 1965, when Bayern was promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time.
They have played exactly 100 matches in "official" competitions – "official" being the Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, Ligapokal, DFB Supercup, and UEFA Champions League. One "unofficial" game came in 2008 when they lost 1-2 to Dortmund when the DFB Supercup was beginning its reintegration.
After digging through books and the interweb, here is the All-time fixture against Borussia Dortmund.
Record by Competition
Bundesliga: 38 W - 28 D - 22 L (+53 GD)
DFB Pokal: 4 W - 2 L (+3 GD)
Ligapokal: 2 W - 0 L (+3 GD)
DFB Supercup: 1 W - 1 L (0 GD)
UEFA Champions League: 0 W - 1 D - 1 L (-1 GD)
All-time Fixture Goalscorers:
1. Gerhard Müller, FCB, 15 (14 Bundesliga, 1 DFB Pokal)
2. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, FCB, 10 (9 Bundesliga, 1 DFB Pokal)
3. Lothar Emmerich, BvB, 8 (All Bundesliga)
4. Roy Makaay, FCB, 7 (All Bundesliga)
Manfred Burgsmüller, BvB, 7 (All Bundesliga)
Giovane Elber, FCB, 7 (6 Bundesliga, 1 Ligapokal)
7. Roland Wohlfarth, FCB, 6 (All Bundesliga)
- Biggest Bayern Win: 11-1 (November 27, 1971, Grünwalder Stadion, München, Germany)
- Biggest Dortmund Win: 6-2 (September 9, 1967, Stadion Rote Erde, Dortmund, Germany)
- Highest-scoring Draw: 4-4 (May 21, 1983, Westfalenstadion, Dortmund, Germany)
- Most Goals Scored, Player: Gerhard Müller, FCB, 4 (November 27, 1971, Grünwalder Stadion, München, Germany)
Other Interesting Tidbits:
- Three players have scored in this fixture for both teams. Jürgen Wegmann and Christian Nerlinger scored a single goal for each side, while Michael Rummenigge, brother of the Bayern beloved Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, scored five goals as a member of both sides – one for FC Bayern, four for Borussia Dortmund.
- With the UEFA Champions League Final, it will be the fifth time the two teams will meet in "official" competition, the most in any season. They have already met twice in the Bundesliga, in the Quarterfinal of the DFB Pokal, and in the DFB Supercup. Bayern has yet to lose (two wins, two draws).
- Gerhard Müller not only has the most goals in the fixture, but also has the most multi-goal games with four. He also possesses two of the five hat-tricks in the fixture – February 7, 1970 and November 27, 1971 – the other three being Bayern's Roy Makaay (February 19, 2005) and Dormund's Lothar Emmerich (September 9, 1967) and Robert Lewandowski (May 12, 2012, the only DFB Pokal hat-trick)
- Of the 308 goals scored in the "official" competitions, only one has been an own goal. That belongs to Bayern defender Markus Münch, when he scored in the wrong net on October 10, 1991 in the Olympiastadion in München.
- Only one game has ever resulted in penalties, a DFB Pokal game on September 12, 1992 in the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund. After Stephane Chapuisat scored in the equalizer for Dortmund in the 84th minute, and the two sides remained deadlocked in extra time, Waldemar Manzinho missed on Bayern's fourth penalty. Michael Zorc drained Dormund's fifth to clinch the victory and advance his club to the third round.
- The only other time the two teams met in the Champions League was in the Quarterfinals of the 1998 Champions League. After a scoreless first leg in Munich, the game in Dortmund went to extra time. It was not until the 109th minute when Chapuisat sunk Bayern's Champions League ambitions. It was the first time that two teams from the same country met in the Champions League, ironic because it has happened 18 times since, including the match-up this Saturday.
(Sources: fussballdaten.de and FC Bayern München: Unser Verein, Unser Geschichte)