With the temperature at -7 degrees Celsius (about 20 degrees Fahrenheit) and snow fluttering all around in Khimki, Russia, injury probabilities are bound to escalate.
Philipp Lahm was the only victim of the frost, having to leave the pitch in the 29th minute after a counterattack off of a CSKA Moskva corner. FC Bayern München later revealed he was experiencing dead leg, or literally "muscle hardening" in his right thigh.
Guardiola astutely replaced his captain with Thiago Alcantara, who got his second substitution in as many matches. Manuel Neuer donned the captain's armband from that point forward.
The diagnosis came in the locker room, and the club said that Lahm will get reevaluated on Thursday after the team returns to Munich.
- Champions League: FC Bayern München vs. CSKA Moscow |Gamethread
- CSKA Moscow vs. Bayern Munich, UEFA Champions League: Bayern visit Moscow to clinch first in the group
- Champions League Tuesday Discussion: Borussia Dortmund, Schalke represent the Bundesliga in Tuesday's games
- UEFA Champions League: PFC CSKA Moskva vs. FC Bayern München | Preview
- Rekordmeister Podcast Ep. 27: We Beat BVB, the Mole, CSKA