FC Bayern München officials revealed Saturday that Xherdan Shaqiri suffered a muscle tear and will miss the club's midweek Champions League clash against Arsenal FC. The club has not yet revealed the severity of the injury.
Shaqiri missed 57 days in the fall due to a thigh strain, an injury he suffered in an international match against Albania. Club officials have yet to release a timetable for his return.
FC Bayern are now left with Mario Götze, Thomas Müller, and Arjen Robben as the three non-defender alternatives to play the left flank. Götze, Robben and Shaqiri are the players who have rotated on the left flank in Franck Ribery's absence (Ribéry out with a glut injury).
With the return of Schweinsteiger and Daniel van Buyten, FC Bayern will have sufficient bodies to fill out the 18-man team sheet, although the winger department will be a little more depleted.
- Bayern Munich hammer SC Freiburg 4-0 | Instant Analysis and Reaction
- Bundesliga Matchday 21: Bayern Munich vs. SC Freiburg | Lineups & Gamethread
- FC Bayern München Face a Tough, Motivated Side in SC Freiburg
- Bayern Munich's salary considerations and what it will take to extend Toni Kroos
- Report: Vladimir Ranković to Transfer to Hannover 96 in the Summer