Bayern continued their tradition of playing a friendly against of the fanclubs on Saturday afternoon. This year the lucky winner was FC Bayern Fanclub Wildenau. This was the first opportunity for Pep Guardiola to get his side on the field in a match and see the players currently in camp could do in their initial challenge.
The match took place at the home stadium of SpVgg SV Weiden, who were recently promoted to the Bayernliga, and 11,000 people packed into the stadium to see the match. Bayern and the fanclub announced that 50% of the profits would be donated to the club's foundation FC Bayern Hilfe e.V. with the remaining funds being donated to various community institutions in the area.
Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the match, so I can't personally comment on what I saw. However, here are the facts for you:
- Bayern won 15-1. The goalscorers were Patrick Weihrauch (4), Julian Green (3), Franck Ribery (2), Mitchell Weiser (2), Oliver Markoutz, Thomas Müller, Vladimir Rankovic, and Toni Kroos. Jürgen Förster grabbed the goal for the fanclub.
- Pep went with a 4-2-3-1 throughout the match.
- Jan Kirchhoff saw his debut at centerback.
- Pep made 10 changes at halftime. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is the only one that went the full 90 minutes.
- The goal Bayern conceded apparently came on an error from Tom Starke. At least, it did according to the comments I read on Twitter.