The last round of second-leg ties is upon us. And while Porto and Malaga could be interesting, the eyes of the sporting world are on Munich's Allianz Arena, as Bayern tries to finish off Arsenal.
In our preview, we noted that both sides were missing key players through injury or suspension. Here's an assortment of updates:
- Wilshere is out for Arsenal.
- GK Wojciech Szczesny will apparently not play, as he's being given a mental rest. ??? If that Irish Independent article is to be believed Podolski and Sagna are also not travelling with the team. Will we get an Andre Santos sighting at FB for Arsenal? For what it's worth, I never thought he was that bad.
- Also, rumors have Poldi leaving Arsenal this summer, with Juventus said to be interested.
- On the Bayern site, Ribery is definitely out with an ankle problem, and Boateng and Bastian Schweinsteiger will be completing their suspensions. But Arjen Robben was able to practice yesterday, and is at the stadium today, so he should be included. If he starts, Mueller probably moves to the left flank, with Kroos staying in the middle, and Xherdan Shaqiri becoming the first man off the bench.
- An Arsenal fan tells the Daily Mail he's cancelling his flight to Germany and staying home.
We'll have the line-ups as they become available, just wanted to put up some last minute updates and give people a chance to check in. Look for highlights and a recap after the match. Viva viva FC Bayern!